Atlas Iron & Metal Co. assists many different industries in recycling metals and automotive parts. Nine-tenths of all the solid waste in the United States does not get recycled. We are proud to help companies reduce their carbon footprint with our easy recycling and scrap services.
- Contracting & Demolition. By recycling components from construction and demolition projects, companies contribute to affordable housing with a rise in recycled building materials.
- Plumbing & Electrical. Recycle scrap metal, wiring and other leftovers from electrical and plumbing projects.
- Heating & Air Conditioning. Heating and cooling units contain a number of recyclable materials, reducing time, energy and resources by scrapping the leftovers.
- Computer & Technology. Nearly 100% of electronic waste (e-waste) is recyclable, however only 15-20% ever actually makes it to a recycling facility.
- Automotive. Approximately 86% of a vehicle’s components today are recyclable materials. Every new ton of steel made from scrap materials saves 2,500 lbs. of iron ore, 1,400 lbs. of coal, and 120 lbs. of limestone.
- Machine Shops & Manufacturers. Manufacturing giant General Mills generates $1 billion each year from recycling scrap materials. Recycle cast aluminum, brass and other metals, saving resources and keeping harmful toxins out of our landfills and soil.
- Scrappers, People who Scrap & Recycle. Anyone can get in the scrapping game. The more waste kept out of landfills, the more we reduce the toxins in our soil.